How to move Whatsapp data from iPhone to Android easily
When you plan to change your cellphone from iPhone to Android, of course you want to move all WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android, right? But unfortunately, because the two cellphones have different OSes, you can’t move it like you move other data as usual.
There are several easy ways to move it, you can use an application or email that is integrated with the WhatsApp feature itself. Curious, right, want to know how? Next we provide a tutorial to make WhatsApp transfers easily and quickly, both from iOS to Android or vice versa.
How to Move WhatsApp Data from iPhone to Android
If you are an iPhone user and want to do WhatsApp data transfer to Android without hassle, try the following two methods. All data on WhatsApp can certainly be moved easily and quickly.
1. Dr.Fone application – WhatsApp Transfer
The first method uses the help of a third party, aka the application. The application is not difficult to use, because you only need to click once and all data on WhatsApp will be transferred easily and quickly by Dr. Fone
Dr.Fone itself is an application that has many advantages. This application can move all data on WhatsApp, such as media, chat and contacts; without complicated. Not only for iOS to Android, you can also move WhatsApp data from Android to iOS with one click.
Then, Dr.Fone also has a feature to do backup and restore the conversation that is on Whatsapp. So you don’t need to worry about chat long time in WA that might be erased
What’s interesting again is that this Dr.Fone can be used for backup Other social media applications, such as LINE, Kik, Viber, and Wechat. So, you will not lose the contents of the chat, voice, videos and stickers. Take it easy, everything you do in this application is very safe. No need to worry about your data leaking to other parties. Very complete, right?
After knowing the advantages offered by Dr.Fone, now is the time for you to try the application yourself. One feature is to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone, or vice versa. It’s easy, let’s follow the steps below:
1. First, you must download and install the application on a PC.
2. If so, you can directly open the Dr.Fone application. Make sure both the cellphone, Android and iPhone, are connected with the application. Then, in the main menu section, select WhatsApp Transfer> WhatsApp.
Then, you will be presented with 4 other choices, viz Transfer WhatsApp message, Backup WhatsApp messages, Restore WhatsApp messages to iOS devices, and Restore WhatsApp messages to Android Device. Now, because you want to move WhatsApp data, choose an option Transfer WhatsApp Message.
2. The next step, Dr.Fone will immediately detect your Android cellphone and iPhone, as shown below.
3. After that, you can proceed to the next step by clicking Transfer. Automatically, this application will transfer WhatsApp from iOS to Android quickly.
4. Wait until the data transfer process is complete so you can open WhatsApp as usual.
How, how to move WhatsApp to a new cell phone is very easy, right? You don’t need to worry about WhatsApp chats on the iPhone, because now everything has been transferred to your Android!
2. Rely on Email
The next way is to use email. This method is also easy, but unfortunately you cannot open the data on WhatsApp because it has been-export to the “txt” format. So, this method is only for storing the contents of the WhatsApp conversation. How can you participate step following:
- First, open the WhatsApp application, then select Settings> Chat Settings> Email Chat.
- The next step, choose the WhatsApp conversation that you want to move. A new window will appear by saying “Attaching media will generate a larger email message”. If you want to save pictures and videos, select it Attach Media, and vice versa, choose Without Media not to save videos and pictures.
- Next, you will be asked to enter the email with your email password. After that, click directly Send
- Done, now you have sent all WhatsApp data to an email. Please open the e-mail to see the data, but you can’t open the data on WhatsApp.
How to Move Data from Android to Android
If you are an Android user and want to transfer WA data to other Android phones, you can use the feature backup from WhatsApp. The method is very easy, please follow the following steps:
- The first step, open the WA application. Then click Settings> Chats> Chats backup. Then, don’t forget to enable on choice Backup to Google Drive. Then click BACKUP.
- After that, don’t forget to uninstall it WA application on an old cellphone. Then, install it WA application on a new cellphone and enter with the old WA number. Then you can go straight Restore all WA data on an old cellphone, just wait a few moments depending on your internet connection.
Tips for Transferring WhatsApp Data
If you decide to move WhatsApp data to device other, you need to pay attention to a few things first so that no data is left behind, here are some tips:
1. Pay attention to the Size of the Data
First, you need to pay attention to the size of the data you want to move, whether it is sufficiently stored on device new or not. If you have storage the big one in device otherwise this won’t be a problem.
But if device You apparently have a limited storage capacity, you should select just a few data that needs to be moved. Typically, data such as videos and images have a larger size than text data.
2. Select Important Data
These tips also apply to those of you who have limited storage capacity. So that storage not full quickly, it’s better to choose important data, for example work data, lectures, or others. Choosing data also makes your WhatsApp more organized and neater.
3. Make sure you Verify
Verification is done to secure all data on WhatsApp. So, not just anyone can access WhatsApp and your WhatsApp data. Of course this will be safer, especially if you have very important and confidential data.
That’s an easy way to move WA data from iPhone to Android. You can choose one of the two methods earlier. But if you have another easier way, you can tell us and other readers through the comments column, yes.